4G LTE Connections in the USA using USB Modems
10 Steps to Make a 4G LTE Connection via a 4G USB Modem and USB Module
Note: Tieline codecs require firmware version 1.6.98 or higher to connect using the Tieline USB module and 4G LTE USB modems.
Compatible USB modems include:
- Pantech® 4G LTE USB Modem UML290
- Verizon Wireless™ 4G LTE USB Modem 551L
- Power down the codec and open up a module slot.
- Carefully slide the USB module into the module slot until it fits firmly into place.
- Attach your compatible 4G LTE USB modem to the USB slot on the USB module.
- Power up the Tieline codec.
- Once the codec is powered up, use the black rotary Menu Selector to place the square brackets around [3GIP1], then press the “Wiz” button.
- Select “OK” to proceed, then use the Menu Selector to place the square brackets around “3G /UMTS IP" and select "OK” again.
- Next, select the access point for your network provider. Select "Verizon LTE" to use the 4G LTE modem network.
- When this has been configured press “OK”, then select by “Exit.”
- On the main connection screen use the Menu Selector to place the square brackets around [3GIP1], then press the Enter/Dial button on the keypad to connect to the 4G LTE wireless network.
- Once connected, use the Menu Selector to place the square brackets around [IP1], use the keypad to enter your studio’s IP address, then press the Enter/Dial button to connect.
Click here for more information on 4G LTE networks.