Current Bridge-IT Firmware Version
To perform a firmware upgrade of your Bridge-IT codec you need to download the latest firmware to your PC and connect your codec to your PC in order to open the Toolbox web-GUI for your codec. The web-GUI is used to perform the firmware upgrade from within the System panel. (This process has been tested using MS Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.) You can upgrade a Bridge-IT codec via IP or USB.
Bridge-IT USB Driver (25 KB) Note: this driver is required only for Microsoft® Windows® XP and below
Note: Java will need to be installed on your computer prior to connecting. To upgrade your unit:
- Connect to the web-GUI using the web-based Toolbox; Open a web browser and type the USB/IP Address of the codec into the browser. Note: To find the USB/IP address of the unit select Config > Unit via the LCD screen.
- Once connected to the web-GUI, click on the Configure button at the top of the page to open the Configure panel.
- Click on Firmware in the System panel.
- Click the radio button next to Update from a selected file and the click the Select File button.
- An Open dialog box will launch. Navigate to the location where you previously saved the .bin file. to select it and click Open.
- When you view the web-GUI, the name of the .bin file will appear next to the Select File button.
- Click the Update Firmware button.
- The web-GUi will ask you for a password. The default Password is password.
- At the completion of the upgrade, the codec will reboot and the new firmware version will be listed in the Unit menu option accessed via: Config > Unit > Ver
- Alternatively, the firmware version can be confirmed on the web-GUI Help panel by clicking the Help button at the top of the web-GUI screen.
Current Firmware Version
Firmware v1.12.14 (32.7 MB)
(Please Right click the link above and select "save link as..")
Note: the default web-GUI password is password.
Customers experiencing Java issues accessing the web GUI can download a standalone non-browser GUI application. Read here for more.
5th Feb 2014
Installing Licence Files into Bridge-IT IP Codecs
Options such as AAC, apt-X Enhanced audio coding, multicasting/multiple unicasting and the extended product warranty are provided to Bridge-IT customers via licence files.
If you want to install licence files into your Bridge-IT codec, click How do I install licence files in my Bridge-IT codec? for more information.