Report-IT changes everything - will YOU be First to Report Live?
The multi award winning Report-IT has revolutionised newsgathering and live remote broadcasts to ensure you can go live first!
Report-IT turns your iPhone or Android smartphone into a pocket-sized portable 15kHz live IP audio codec and ultra-slim high fidelity 20kHz audio recorder.
At the touch of a button broadcast live IP audio over 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi from any remote location to a Tieline IP codec in the studio. Perfect for remote broadcasts, live reports or two-way interviews, simply connect earphones to your phone and hear studio communications and program audio in real-time while broadcasting.
- Broadcast 15kHz live two-way interviews with the studio at the touch of a single button.
- Use the high quality mic on your iPhone or Android smartphone to prerecord up to 20kHz quality high fidelity audio, then file reports via FTP automatically.
- Prerecord interviews, trim them offline, then build a playlist and insert them as “wraparounds” into live crosses with the studio.
- Attach a professional dynamic mic to your phone using a compatible third party microphone adapter cable.
Where others have failed,
Report-IT has succeeded...
Others have tried, however Tieline was the first and is still the only codec manufacturer to succeed in creating a smartphone codec app, which delivers technology normally reserved for full-featured hardware codecs. Tieline's Report-IT Enterprise app features:
- Automated IP packet jitter buffering via Tieline's SmartStream IP technology.
- The low delay Opus and Tieline Music coding algorithms, offering 15kHz quality at bit rates as low as 24kbps!
- Fast, secure and flexible deployment with full remote control of every user account from anywhere with an internet connection.
Report-IT also supports:
- Burli and Nétia Radio-Assist ingest and content management software.
- TwistedWave or Nétia iSnippet audio editing apps for iPhone, or any compatible Android editing apps.
Why choose Report-IT over SIP-based smartphone apps, or rebadged SIP smartphone apps from other codec manufacturers?
Many customers try SIP-based apps and dump them in favor of Report-IT because:
- SIP smartphone apps are often unreliable due to a lack of IP buffering technology.
- People without technical knowledge find them difficult to use, and let's face it, engineers have better things to do with their day than take call after call from reporters and act like a support desk!
- Many Telcos block the SIP ports used by these SIP-based smartphone apps creating connection difficulties.
- G.722 requires much higher connection bit-rates (minimum of 64kbps plus IP overheads) to connect and this can be difficult over wireless networks.
- AAC-HE has a 128ms algorithmic delay plus IP overheads, making bidirectional communications difficult.
Beware of imitations!
There are two different Report-IT applications:
Report-IT Live (Apple)
Report-IT Enterprise (Apple and
Why do Program Directors Love Report-IT?
Program directors love the flexibility Report-IT delivers:
- Go live from an event or a sponsor’s business at the touch of a button.
- Perform live or tape sync interviews with politicians and famous people, or
- Record voice spots remotely!
Consider a scenario where no journalists or edit booths are available and you need to go live with a news flash, or interview someone famous or important. With Report-IT Enterprise you can ask any remote talent to simply download the app onto their smartphone for free, enter a username and password set by your station engineer, hit ‘connect’ and be interviewed live by the studio in seconds!
Report-IT is great for repackaging content…
We've been asked, "what if a live or pre-recorded interview experiences wireless network dropouts?" No problem, simply configure Report-IT to record talent audio onto the phone by default when you are interviewing them. Send the flawless 20kHz recording to the studio after the interview at the touch of a single button for editing or repackaging. Now that's cool!
Why do Engineers Love Report-IT?
Engineers love Report-IT Enterprise because they can configure connection settings for all users remotely from anywhere with an internet connection! Report-IT Enterprise also delivers:
- Rock solid password security logins via TieServer, never exposing IP infrastructure details like ports and IP addresses to reporters and contributors.
- High fidelity 15kHz program audio quality plus 15kHz mix-minus IFB return audio.
- The ability to turn off the return path from the studio to increase reliability and save on data costs.
- The ability to edit recordings using 3rd party applications.
- Locally recorded reports stored in high quality native digital WAV format, delivering superb 20kHz quality recordings.
Poor cell-phone audio quality is a thing of the past because iPhones and most Android smartphones have very high quality inbuilt microphones capable of delivering high fidelity live audio and recordings. You can also attach a professional dynamic mic to your phone using a compatible third party microphone adapter cable.
Your accountant will love it too! Report-IT Live delivers the most affordable professional wireless IP audio codec and recorder solution on the market today – so it's great for the capital expenditure bottom-line.
Click here to listen to NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday broadcasting from Morocco using Report-IT Live over Wi-Fi.
Click here to listen to NPR's 'Morning Edition' broadcasting with Report-IT Live over 3G wireless.
Click here to listen to NPR's 'All Things Considered' which includes Report-IT inserts sent via FTP.
Click here to listen to NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday broadcasting with Report-IT over 3G wireless.
Click here to listen to NPR's Martin Kaste who filed a report using Report-IT while skiing!
Here's a sample of what some of our customers have to say about Report-IT Live.
Every now again I have to say thanks to @tieline because their iPhone app has revolutionized our live broadcasts. So, thanks!— Mike Murphy (@Murpharee) July 1, 2012
Gotta love technology. Using our brand new Tieline cell phone apps to broadcast from Purple Power Play. Way better than old cell connection!— Mike Hammett (@mchammett) August 28, 2013
Kevin Allen, Producer/Host, "Views from the Rough", USA
"The iPhone mic has a studio quality response and I press just one button on Report-IT to connect to my studio and feed broadcast quality audio. Report-IT also lets me record and edit interviews and then play back these selections as a wrap-around within my live reports. I can also feed raw audio back to my FTP site for editing when I’m back in the studio."
"For anyone who has tried to interview a celebrity at a moment’s notice, the advantages of this new technology are obvious. I can capture comments and intriguing conversations that would be missed while setting up a traditional recorder. Plus I’m not lugging ten pounds of equipment around 18 holes!"
Chris Larke, Broadcast Engineer, CHUM Radio Vancouver, Canada
"Our experience has been amazing using Report-IT Live Enterprise Edition - it has revolutionized the way we approach live remote broadcasting. The initial configuration ended up being a breeze. Our setup time for remotes has been reduced immensely and our announcers love using a wireless live IP codec that is small enough to fit into your pocket!"
"We use it live on-location to broadcast our afternoon show, as well as sports interviews and reporting. Our sports reporters often file via FTP and our producers can det these reports to air long before any other station!"
Henrik Poulsen, Technical Manager, Radionet A/S in Denmark
"Everything is very easy to program with Report-IT Live - from the codec IP address settings and FTP configuration, to the connection bit-rate and automatic upload of reports and much more. You set it once and forget it."
"Today all our primetime radio hosts have an iPhone 4 with Report-IT Live Enterprise Edition installed and we are excited about how the app will assist us to deliver more efficient and faster news productions into the future."
Antonio Mendes, Operations Supervisor, Radio FM O Dia, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
"Tieline has created a revolutionary tool
that will transform the way that journalists and reporters send
their stories from the field. It's the ideal solution for
broadcasting live events, especially high quality audio directly
from football matches. With Report-IT we can increase our external
reporting team and do more live interviews remote
Keith Evans - Technical Services Manager River 949 FM, Australia
"Having successfully broadcast a full 4 hour remote broadcast from my iPhone all I can say is WOW! The on-air announcer could not get over how simple to use (30 second walkthrough). This is a whole new way to do remote broadcasting. No need for baggage or trucks. The quality is excellent. I could not recommend this app more highly Gold medal to Tieline."
Malcolm Sully Chief Engineer Nova 93.7, Australia
"Been using it all week for a very fluid promotion with great success. We have used a combination of live and FTP and will struggle to go back to traditional methods. Well thought out, very stable App and a great tool to have in the arsenal."
*Android is a trademark of Google Inc ** Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc
Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc.,
registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service
mark of Apple Inc
- One-touch connections with the ability to view connection statistics and renegotiate connection bit-rates
- Bidirectional kHz mono audio at low bit rates, supporting live two-way interviews and communications
- Report Live, Record a Report, or Report Live and Record simultaneously
- Store, play back and edit recording details
- Export recordings using live streaming to a Tieline studio codec
- Share kHz recordings via FTP file transfer
- Insert pre-recorded grabs and interviews while you are broadcasting live to the studio
- Audio Editing: Top and tail, or highlight and save only the best elements of your audio recording for live playout or FTP transfer
- Supports integration of the TwistedWave or Nétia iSnippet audio editing apps (Apple devices only)
- Use any compatible Android app where applicable.
- Support for Opus encoding
- Includes Burli and Nétia Radio-Assist file sharing compatibility.
*Android is a trademark of Google Inc ** Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc
*Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc
Report-IT Live Purchase Specifications: