Report-IT Application for Android
Report-IT changes everything - will YOU be First to Report Live?
Report-IT has revolutionised newsgathering and live remote broadcasts to ensure you can go live first!
The multi award-winning Report-IT can turn your Android™ smartphone into a pocket-sized portable 15kHz live IP audio codec and ultra-slim high fidelity 20kHz audio recorder.
Broadcast 15kHz live two-way interviews with the studio at the touch of a single button.
Prerecord interviews and then share these 20kHz audio files with the studio without a codec via file transfer.
Edit clips using compatible applications and share them with the studio to save on data costs.
At the touch of a button you can broadcast live IP audio over 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi from any remote location to a Tieline IP enabled codec in the studio. Perfect for a remote broadcast, live report or two-way interview, simply connect your earphones to your Android smartphone and hear studio comms and program in real-time while you are broadcasting.
* Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
** Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Report-IT 10 Pack Powered by Enterprise
Report-IT Enterprise 50/100 Pack
Ideal for small and medium sized broadcasters. Centrally manage a team of up to 10 reporters from the studio using the TieServer Console app and a Report-IT administrator account. Remotely program, manage and secure all live Report-IT 10 Pack connections across your IP networks.
Ideal for medium and large sized broadcast networks. Centrally manage a team of up to 100 reporters from the studio using the PC/Mac TieServer Console web-GUI, or the TieServer Console app (iOS or Android versions). Program, manage and secure all Report-IT Enterprise 50/100 Pack connections across your IP networks.
Click to find out more!
Click to find out more and register for the FREE trial version!
Why do Program Directors Love Report-IT?
Report-IT delivers better quality reports and much more programming flexibility. It can be used for:
- Live reports
- Offline reporting with file sharing capability
- Recording voice spots remotely
- Live or tape sync interviews with politicians and famous people
We've been asked, "what if a live or pre-recorded interview has wireless network dropouts?" No problem - you can simply program Report-IT by default to record the talent's audio onto the phone while you are interviewing them. After the interview the talent can send 20 kHz quality recordings to the studio at the touch of a single button for editing or repackaging. Now that's cool!
Consider another scenario where no journalists or edit booths are available and you need to interview remotely located talent for breaking news, or you want to interview someone famous or important. With Report-IT Enterprise you can simply ask the remote talent to download the app onto their smartphone for free, enter a username and password set by your station engineer, hit connect and be interviewed live by the studio in seconds!
Why do Engineers Love Report-IT?
Engineers particulary like Report-IT Enterprise because they can program all connection settings for each user from the studio! The Enterprise Edition delivers with:
- Rock solid password security login via TieServer, to maintain highly secure broadcast IP networks and never expose IP addresses, ports and other IP infrastructure details to reporters and contributors.
- High fidelity 15kHz live program audio quality plus 15kHz mix-minus return program audio with IFB communications.
- The ability to turn off the return path from the studio and save on data costs if no return audio is required.
- The ability to edit recordings using 3rd party applications.
- All locally recorded reports stored in high quality native digital format (WAV), delivering superb 20kHz quality primary or backup recordings that can be sent live via FTP.
Your beancounters will love it too! Report-IT Live delivers the most affordable professional wireless IP audio codec and recorder solution on the market today – so it's great for the capital expenditure bottom-line!
- Click here to listen to NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday broadcasting from Morocco using Report-IT Live over Wi-Fi.
- Click here to listen to NPR's 'Morning Edition' broadcasting with Report-IT over 3G wireless.
- Click here to listen to NPR's 'All Things Considered' which includes Report-IT inserts sent via FTP.
- Click here to listen to NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday broadcasting with Report-IT over 3G wireless.
- Click here to listen to NPR's Martin Kaste who filed a report using Report-IT while skiing!
Overview of Report-IT Enterprise Architecture
Here's a sample of what our customers have to say about Report-IT Live.
Every now again I have to say thanks to @tieline because their iPhone app has revolutionized our live broadcasts. So, thanks!— Mike Murphy (@Murpharee) July 1, 2012
Gotta love technology. Using our brand new Tieline cell phone apps to broadcast from Purple Power Play. Way better than old cell connection!— Mike Hammett (@mchammett) August 28, 2013
Kevin Allen, Producer/Host, "Views from the Rough", USA
"I press just one button on Report-IT to connect to my studio and feed broadcast quality audio. Report-IT also lets me record and edit interviews and then play back these selections as a wrap-around within my live reports. I can also feed raw audio back to my FTP site for editing when I’m back in the studio."
"For anyone who has tried to interview a celebrity at a moment’s notice, the advantages of this new technology are obvious. I can capture comments and intriguing conversations that would be missed while setting up a traditional recorder. Plus I’m not lugging ten pounds of equipment around 18 holes!"
Chris Larke, Broadcast Engineer, CHUM Radio Vancouver, Canada
"Our experience has been amazing using Report-IT Live Enterprise Edition - it has revolutionized the way we approach live remote broadcasting. The initial configuration ended up being a breeze. Our setup time for remotes has been reduced immensely and our announcers love using a wireless live IP codec that is small enough to fit into your pocket!"
"We use it live on-location to broadcast our afternoon show, as well as sports interviews and reporting. Our sports reporters often file via FTP and our producers can det these reports to air long before any other station!"
Henrik Poulsen, Technical Manager, Radionet A/S in Denmark
"Everything is very easy to program with Report-IT Live - from the codec IP address settings and FTP configuration, to the connection bit-rate and automatic upload of reports and much more. You set it once and forget it."
"Today all our primetime radio hosts have an phone with Report-IT Live Enterprise Edition installed and we are excited about how the app will assist us to deliver more efficient and faster news productions into the future."
Antonio Mendes, Operations Supervisor, Radio FM O Dia, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
"Tieline has created a revolutionary tool
that will transform the way that journalists and reporters send
their stories from the field. It's the ideal solution for
broadcasting live events, especially high quality audio directly
from football matches. With Report-IT we can increase our external
reporting team and do more live interviews remote
Keith Evans - Technical Services Manager River 949 FM, Australia
"Having successfully broadcast a full 4 hour remote broadcast from my phone all I can say is WOW! The on-air announcer could not get over how simple to use (30 second walkthrough). This is a whole new way to do remote broadcasting. No need for baggage or trucks. The quality is excellent. I could not recommend this app more highly Gold medal to Tieline."
Malcolm Sully Chief Engineer Nova 93.7, Australia
"Been using it all week for a very fluid promotion with great success. We have used a combination of live and FTP and will struggle to go back to traditional methods. Well thought out, very stable App and a great tool to have in the arsenal."
- One-touch connections with the ability to view connection statistics and renegotiate connection bit-rates based on available data bandwidth capabilities
- Bidirectional kHz mono audio supporting live two-way interviews and communications
- Report Live, Record a Report, or Report Live and Record simultaneously
- Export recordings using live streaming to a Tieline studio codec
- Share kHz recordings via file transfer (FTP or Nétia Radio-Assist)
- Insert pre-recorded grabs and interviews while you are broadcasting live to the studio
- Edit audio using 3rd party apps to reduce data usage
- View connection statistics and renegotiate connection bit-rates
- Store, playback and edit recording details
- Manage and play back recordings, retransmit or share with the studio.
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
** Google Play is a trademark of Google
- CURRENT VERSION:1.0.5
- REQUIRES ANDROID:2.3 or higher
- 15kHz audio quality over live connections using Tieline Music at 24Kbps.
- 16 bit PCM audio recording capability; sample rate dependent on handset capability.